Registration Event Staffing Guidelines for Aspiring Talent
We are a professional event staffing and brand activation agency based in the Washington, D.C., metro area. We hire experienced trade show booth staff, spokesmodels, hosts/hostesses, MCs, commercial actors, and experiential event staff.
Dear Event Staff Applicants,
Welcome to our event staffing agency, where we connect top-tier talent with exciting opportunities. Your application to join our team is the first step towards becoming a valued member of our elite group of professionals. Here are some essential guidelines to ensure your application shines and captures the attention of our discerning clients:
1. First Impressions Matter
Remember, your application is our first impression of you. We specialize in handpicking the most experienced and professional event staff across various industries to represent our clients at their events. Every detail counts, so make it count!
2. Showcase Your Expertise
Clients are more likely to select your profile if they see you have experience in their industry. Whether it’s beauty, finance, IT, sales, F&B, luxury, or fashion, include all relevant experience to enhance your chances of being chosen. Upload your industry resume and any other resumes from current or past corporate jobs.
3. Picture Perfect Profile
Professional Imagery: Your photos should exude professionalism, taken in a studio or on location.
Event Snapshots: Include pictures of you in action at corporate events or promotional jobs. These visual examples in business attire or promotional uniforms help clients envision you at their events.
No Editing: We accept only unaltered photos. Photoshopped, airbrushed, or heavily edited images will not be considered.
You and You Alone: Your photos should feature only you, without other individuals in the frame.
Recent Pictures: Ensure your photos were taken within the last six months. If there have been any changes to your physical appearance, like a new hair color, please provide updated photos, and we’ll adjust your profile accordingly.
4. Anticipate an Interview
We value the chance to get to know you better. Expect an initial Zoom or phone interview as an opportunity for us to learn more about you, your qualifications, and your potential fit with our team.
5. Photo Specifications
Please attach a minimum of three professional images of yourself. It should include one clear headshot and two full-length images. We only accept applications with professional, corporate-style photos. Note that photos taken during tradeshow or promotional bookings are also acceptable.
Here are some tips on how to take professional photos with your smartphone:
- Use natural light. Natural light is the best light for taking photos. If you are shooting indoors, try to find a window with natural light.
- Clean your lens. A dirty lens can make your photos blurry and unprofessional. Make sure to clean your lens before taking any photos.
- Use a tripod. A tripod will help to keep your phone steady and prevent blurry photos. If you don’t have a tripod, you can use a stack of books or other objects to prop your phone up.
- Frame your shot. Take some time to frame your shot before you take the photo. This will help you to get the best composition.
- Adjust the settings. Most smartphones have a variety of settings that you can adjust to improve your photos. Experiment with different settings to see what works best for you.
- Take multiple photos. Take more than one photo of each pose. Take numerous photos so that you can choose the best one.
Here are some additional tips:
- Avoid taking selfies. Selfies are not considered professional photos and will not be accepted.
- Make sure your photos are clear and well-lit. Blurry or poorly lit photos will not make a good impression.
- Dress professionally in your photos. When working at an event, your photos give clients a good idea of your appearance.
- Avoid using filters or editing apps that make your photos look unrealistic. Clients want to see the real you.
Types of photos that are acceptable and unacceptable for event staff applications:
- Full-body shots
- Photos of you working at corporate events or promotional jobs
- Photos that are clear, well-lit, and free of distractions
- Photos with other people
- Photos that are blurry, poorly lit, or have distractions
- Photos that are edited or photoshopped
6. Complete Profile Required.
Incomplete profiles, such as those with unanswered sections, missing photos, or no resumes, will be automatically rejected. Please provide a comprehensive application to maximize your chances of being selected.
We look forward to reviewing your application and welcoming you to our team of exceptional event staff. By paying attention to these guidelines, you’re taking a significant step toward success.